Staples

www.staples.com
  www.staples.com
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Coworkers are excellent, job is a little boring

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Collegeville, PA
Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Staples part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Great coworkers, Paid 15 minute breaks, smoke breaks, half hour lunch breaks on shifts over 6 hours, clean work environment, 20-30 hour work weeks, scholarships, break room,

Cons

Limited full time position availability, low pay,

Staples runs too many confusing promotions which frustrate customers and waste everyone's time. Instead of issuing cashback and ink rewards on a quarterly basis, customers would appreciate it more if it was instant. Most people are not willing to wait months for their rewards benefits which makes them less likely to sign up and less likely to come back.
The computers are ridiculously slow and are running on ten year old operating systems (windows xp). We need faster point of sales systems so we can look up information and sell products more efficiently.
Too many cheap products are placed in security boxes. Eliminating the security box requirement for low valued items will save man hours and money. Many of these items have embedded security sensors in them anyways. Associates will be able to assist customers instead of putting thousands of items in plastic boxes. The amount of money saved by eliminating boxes on low cost items could greatly outweigh the amount of money lost to retail theft.

2204 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Enjoying it so far

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Hadley, MA
    Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Hadley, MA

I have been working at Staples part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with staples for about 3 months now and it beats working for my former employer

Cons

The Staples learning material is a bit stale and old. beyond that, really nothing.

Great Place To Work

I worked at Staples as a contractor

Pros

Wonderful people, great opportunities for growth!

Cons

Responsibilities can get a little redundant as products can be a little boring.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples