There are newer employer reviews for Staples

A great learning experience, one that I have had to seek for myself.

Current Employee - Team Supervisor
Current Employee - Team Supervisor

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The environment is good, until you do something wrong.

Cons

Staples does not have a focus. The values that Staples proclaims is one that any employee can be proud of, however the standards are not kept within the requirements of day-to-day operations.

Cutting people on the lower end does save payroll. But so would cutting some execs at the top. The pyramid built by Staples has so many levels that they forget that their salaries are paid by the sales and the efforts by those making $8 an hour.

1989 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

I really enjoy my co-workers and the management at the store I work at but don't feel as good about corporate.

Current Employee - Copy Center Associate  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Copy Center Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Staples part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, ability to work with quality machines/products in the Copy & Print Center. You get paid weekly which I like and they have decent deals they provide to their employees.

Cons

The store I work at has about 25-30 employees but only 2 people are "full-time", the Sales Manager and the General Manager. However, there are actually 10 employees including me that work full-time hours but are classified as part-time. I believe they are doing this to avoid having to provide us with health insurance. I don't really even fully blame Staples for this as I believe it's being done due to the passage of 'Obamacare'. The health care law is having a terrible impact on many staples employees nationwide.

I work in the Copy & Print Center and see how profitable the department could be if you hired qualified, motivated people. I think if you raised the wages for Copy & Print employees from the current $8.85/hr to $12-13/hr you would attract far more competent people and the turnover for these positions would plummet. The Copy & Print Center does higher sales and better quality production when the CPC associates are all on the same page and each knows their roles. Teamwork is essential and will never be fully accomplished with the current high turnover rate among CPC associates. I believe raising the CPC associate wages would actually increase profits by attracting far more qualified people. With qualified, highly motivated, and sales-driven CPC associates I believe the sky is the limit for Staples' Copy & Print Center. I know our CPC can be #1 and FEDEX Kinkos will be a thing of the past. Lets make Staples Copy & Print the only place to go for all people & businesses copy & print needs. I hope you consider this.

Good place to work

I worked at Staples part-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, decent pay, good management

Cons

Little hours for part-time workers

More hours for part-time workers

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!