There are newer employer reviews for Staples

great working environment, nice people, promotion fast

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Framingham, MA

I worked at Staples full-time (less than an year)

Pros

barely need work overtime, promotion fast,very good working environment

Cons

a little bit far from boston

2074 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Good team working and customer service.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Ocala, FL

I worked at Staples full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have good benefits. They train well. Good up line communication. They keep up with training in both safety and other areas.

Cons

Promotional mobility is limited. Cross training is at a minimum. Their bonus program is difficult to understand and rarely came through.

Keep up the open communications with your employees.

Don't waste your life working for Staples

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Staples full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was ok, almost $35k starting out as an assistant manager, my particular team that worked for me

Cons

Basically everything, closed-minded leaders, false sense of customer centered service, all they care about is selling warranties that truly do not start until a year after the purchase (even though they advertise a 3 year warranty, the first year is always pushed to the manufacture, no help from Staples!), robotic overlords as superiors, poor work/life balance (retail is infamous for this), no respect (worked with the company for over 6 years and when I got a new GM that didn't like me because I am too personable, I got laid off). I progressed from the lowest position within a store to nearly the top within 2 years, but apparently my expertise did not matter. In April of this year, Staples conducted a reduction in force. Meaning they cannot manage there assets and over spent capital on just plain dumb investments with no research on their return on these investments. Signs of a failing and ignorant company lost in the past. Ron Sargent is just a suit and tie with eyeballs.

Get real and get with the times. Retail stores like Staples will not exist if they do not offer something new to their consumers. Why would you buy anything from Staples when you can get it cheaper online? This statement holds true because nothing you offer is of importance to people, if they do not absolutely need it, they will get it cheaper. Money makes the world go round, don't forget it.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples