Staples

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Not too bad.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager
Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice full time benefits. Easy to transfer between stores.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from field management. Everyone from the district manager and up have a do as I say, not as I do attitude.

2193 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Staples has great intentions, they just can't seem to get there!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staples is a strong retailer, in fact the largest office supply retailer with the 2nd largest web presence. You can feel secure in your position as long as you are meeting company expectations. The bonus structure is typically very rewarding for management.

Cons

Staples continually pares down benefits. Over the past few years health insurance, 401K contributions and bonuses have taken big hits! I know most everyone does it but does that make it right. If you are in management you fare okay, although 45 hours a week minimum plus some 6 day work weeks are required to meet your salary. Regular associates are paid as little as minimum wage with tiny little raises each year even if they perform at an 'exceeds expectations' level. Advancement opportunities are few and far between and at least in my district you must fight daily to even get put in a training position. We have hired more store managers, in the last 2 years, from outside the company than within. We promote training and growth but do not follow through.

Please remember that most of us want to work at Staples and we want to see the company succeed. We would just like a little respect and up front honesty. During the recent change over to the new retail structure I actually heard my district manager say that the assistants should view the change as a competition and compete to keep there jobs. It sounded belittling and uncompassionate, I hope it was only his view and not the company's!

Strong and organized for every hurdle each week

Current Employee - Easy Tech Expert in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Easy Tech Expert in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule for all employees needs, family comes first, if your willing to work, you will have a strong opportunity and build relationships with support from all the staff to succeed.

Cons

upper staples management at times will hire to cover and not take the early notice, or forthcoming of weaker employees who are there just to fill time

keep the strong and get rid of people who do not want to work!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Staples