Back to school season

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Staples part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I been work at staples for a little while. I was only there for the back to school season and I gotta say working there is a great experience. All the employees and management are cool people. They not rude, selfish, greedy or anything like that. As I trainee whenever I ask for help from anybody. They always help me out. They look out for their trainees teach them what to do. In fact they even put you with someone that knows what their doing. They even have a schedule in the back and a website you can go to, to see when you work. I just wish I could have stay their longer.

Cons

The only thing negative I have to say about the store are the CUSTOMERS. Not all but some of them are rude. As a beginner they think you have to know EVERYTHING LIKE NO. Whats so funny is that you have a tag that clearly say IN TRAINING, but no they to blind to see that. Like I say not all of them. Some see your tag and understand how you feel so they work with you and very patience about it.

Advice to Management

Just let your seasonal employees when their last day is in advance so they not surprise.

Other Employee Reviews for Staples

1. I hated this job

Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Paradise Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Paradise Valley, AZ

I worked at Staples full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a steady paycheck and you don't have to actually do anything. If you step up and work promotions are readily given.

Cons

The pay is crap. The management is either lazy or up your butt. No one else ever does anything so if you decide to step up you're on your own. Customers are jerks and the place is depressing. Always dirty, always unorganized, and always gossiping.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together and lay off of the employees that are actually trying. Focus on the lazy people just hiding in the break room.

2. Customer Service High Touch

Current Employee - High Touch in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - High Touch in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Staples full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly check. Weekends off. That's a benefit.

Cons

Promote based on perception not skills. They look down on individuals and would rather utilize their skills instead of promoting. I have been with the company for 7 years and they promote newly hired individuals faster than those that have the knowledge and experience. They promote "a great place to work", when in fact it the worst place to work. The pay is horrible and the job is stressful for what you have to deal with on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Develop employees. See the glass as half full and not half empty. Really make it a great place to work. Listen in round tables. That may help with the high turnover.