There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Back to school season

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Staples part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I been work at staples for a little while. I was only there for the back to school season and I gotta say working there is a great experience. All the employees and management are cool people. They not rude, selfish, greedy or anything like that. As I trainee whenever I ask for help from anybody. They always help me out. They look out for their trainees teach them what to do. In fact they even put you with someone that knows what their doing. They even have a schedule in the back and a website you can go to, to see when you work. I just wish I could have stay their longer.

Cons

The only thing negative I have to say about the store are the CUSTOMERS. Not all but some of them are rude. As a beginner they think you have to know EVERYTHING LIKE NO. Whats so funny is that you have a tag that clearly say IN TRAINING, but no they to blind to see that. Like I say not all of them. Some see your tag and understand how you feel so they work with you and very patience about it.

Just let your seasonal employees when their last day is in advance so they not surprise.

reviews filtered by
  1. Its not a bad company in the little over a year that i've worked for them. But the pay is rather low.

Current Employee - Team Supervisor
    Current Employee - Team Supervisor

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provide some benefits for all employees, even part time

Cons

They expect quite a bit out of you, for little compensation.

Increase wages, or offer commission.

2. Minneapolis market is no place to work!

Former Employee - Management in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Management in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Staples full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Products are good but prices are sometimes too high.

Cons

District Manager thought he knew everything. Could not give opinion on anything!

Change upper management like DM or Staples will have many more people leaving. Corp. should listen to employees when there are concerns not just the DM.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples