Staples

www.staples.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Wouldn't apply here...this place is a sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The majority of the people are fantastic to work with. Work/life balance is great and some teams are very flexible with telecommuting.

Cons

There is no room for advancement anymore. With all the lay offs to "flatten" the organization it has made it very difficult to advance. Also, if you do get promoted it is more with who likes you in the organization rather than skill set.

The morale is beyond repair. Cutting cost is always best for the company.

2382 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement H*LL!!

Current Employee - Copy & Print Account Manager
    Current Employee - Copy & Print Account Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros

its a job...but keep looking...use this as a temporary stepping stone or source of income

Cons

The IDIOT! who posted the 'Staples Rocks' comment is obviously NOT a real Copy & Print
    Account Manager and rather a DM maybe or some corporate clown in senior management who hasn't a clue about what Account Managers do or go through. I once had a friend who told me that when he interviewed for the position the DM told him that he had NEVER in his career with Staples had visited not one account and yet here he was trying to lecture a potential Account Manager about how he had to do his job and making all these demands for a position he knew absolutely nothing about.

And all the other reviews about them micromanaging, and bombarding with emails, conf calls and meetings and not letting you actually SELL is SOOO accurate. They truly did not comprehend the role of an Outside Sales Manager. That is very true. Im currently with them and am seriously considering leaving. They suck! The Copy & Print dept will NEVER take off if you don't let the sales team do what you hired them for...SELL! Give us a token of trust with our time and the flexibility you promised and youll see marvelous results. But as it is, if they continue down this path I see this position continuing to be the revolving door that it is. I hope this door hits management in the face and hopefully they'll wake up and smell the coffee.

back the h*ll off...let me do my job

Horrible company to work for.

Former Employee - Line of Business Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Line of Business Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Staples full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits were ok. Things start out good, but the endless changes and confusion will get old very fast.

Cons

The managers are all Kool-aid drinking empty suites. They micro-manage everything by Salesforce.com. The pressure for sales is absolutely brutal. Take a job with this company only as a last resort.

Sell the company while it's still worth something.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples