Staples

www.staples.com
  www.staples.com
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Wouldn't apply here...this place is a sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The majority of the people are fantastic to work with. Work/life balance is great and some teams are very flexible with telecommuting.

Cons

There is no room for advancement anymore. With all the lay offs to "flatten" the organization it has made it very difficult to advance. Also, if you do get promoted it is more with who likes you in the organization rather than skill set.

The morale is beyond repair. Cutting cost is always best for the company.

2141 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement H*LL!!

Current Employee - Copy & Print Account Manager
    Current Employee - Copy & Print Account Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros

its a job...but keep looking...use this as a temporary stepping stone or source of income

Cons

The IDIOT! who posted the 'Staples Rocks' comment is obviously NOT a real Copy & Print
    Account Manager and rather a DM maybe or some corporate clown in senior management who hasn't a clue about what Account Managers do or go through. I once had a friend who told me that when he interviewed for the position the DM told him that he had NEVER in his career with Staples had visited not one account and yet here he was trying to lecture a potential Account Manager about how he had to do his job and making all these demands for a position he knew absolutely nothing about.

And all the other reviews about them micromanaging, and bombarding with emails, conf calls and meetings and not letting you actually SELL is SOOO accurate. They truly did not comprehend the role of an Outside Sales Manager. That is very true. Im currently with them and am seriously considering leaving. They suck! The Copy & Print dept will NEVER take off if you don't let the sales team do what you hired them for...SELL! Give us a token of trust with our time and the flexibility you promised and youll see marvelous results. But as it is, if they continue down this path I see this position continuing to be the revolving door that it is. I hope this door hits management in the face and hopefully they'll wake up and smell the coffee.

back the h*ll off...let me do my job

No room for growth despite multiple "Employee of the Month" Awards

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in State College, PA

I worked at Staples part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Other sales people were pretty nice

Cons

There seemed to be a ack of home/work/school balance

Realize that most of your employees have lives outside of the store

There are newer employer reviews for Staples