There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Pretty good job

Current Employee - Easy Tech Expert  in  Euless, TX
Current Employee - Easy Tech Expert in Euless, TX

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy going environment , career opportunities

Cons

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

1966 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Mitt Romney started this company

Former Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Staples full-time for less than a year

Pros

Average salary for college grad

Cons

Lack of diversity in executive mgmt, just look at the website. Up north bully tactics. No specific schedule for associates in fulfillment centers. Consistent lie that staples is a great place to work, more like a NJ sweatshop. Only four mgrs, in the entire warehouse had degrees, rather promote Hs dropouts, than hire competent grads. All they cared about were numbers and always wanted sups to terminate or do dirty work for incompetent uneducated ops mgrs. can completely understand why company was started by Bain Capital. Sleazy upper mgmt.

Retire, go to college, and stop faking it by reading business magazines

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Staples part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cons

I just applied and was accepted for a job at Staples. I am upset because the Manager had paperwork containing my SSN AND LICENSE INFO on her desk, piled loosely along with all the other new-hires, out in the open on her desk with the office door wide open for days. She is always being called away from her office in the short 3 hours I was there, encountered many staff people walking by and a lot of foot traffic too, while doing training videos in her office.

My 1st day of mandatory training there consisted mostly of how they stress the importance of not becoming part of a Union and encouraging us not to sign paperwork, should we approached by a union representative. The other big portion of the training was about the ACA. and having to do with Obamacare. This included an intensive test at the end on just these 2-things alone, and taking about 1.5 hours of time training on this, when I am only doing a minimum wage part-time register job, and none of this having to do with a register or the values of good customer service.

Also, the ad I applied for was for the Copy and Print Center. They do not hire full time at all apparently, with the exception for the Managers. I also had to go through a detailed over-the-phone interview with a government agency, even though I possessed valid US Citizenship, which I provided. The Manager had told us that they get a credit from the government for every person they have call in.

I quit the job today too, based on those things mentioned above and also fellow-potential employees appearance and attitude. Some looked like they rolled out of bed and came to work, and cursing in the break room in front of new hires while waiting for the Manager to arrive on our first meeting to do paperwork. They were also arguing with the Manager how much time they had left on break. I do not wish to work in an environment with a caliber of people whom do not seem to care or respect each other, let alone themselves.

Overall, I am very upset by the level of care and neglect given to employees's personal and confidential paperwork. I will be filing a formal complaint with Staples Headquarters on Monday about this.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!