Staples
2.9 of 5 1,801 reviews
www.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Staples is a good entry level job. You can advance but all salaries are capped.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWith the right managers and district manager you will do fine. Opportunity is available within in the store if you are comfortable with being cross trained in all areas of the store.

ConsMinimum raise yearly based on a points system. At one time the raises were decent but now all positions are capped. Many full time associates are now capped. Many of these associates are long time employees and deserve higher salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees. Most employees are working very hard but a lot of expectations are put on them. Customers do want to come in and shop however there are many destination shoppers and they want to cash out quickly. Too many things are offered at the register and it holds them up. Many of the destination shoppers are repeat customers and they don't want to hear the same thing every time they shop in the store.

they're not the worst, but far from the best

Resident Easy Tech (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Staples part-time for less than a year

Pros: decent hours (when they need you) management is understanding Cons: pay is not the best (went from making $13.50 at a previous job to $8.15 doing essentially more work) as a tech, expect to do… Advice to Senior Management: pay your techs. There is no reason I should be making less than a cashier when i'm being trusted… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a great place to work

Low Level Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros: Good people to work with Cons: All politics. If you disagree with something or speak up,… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. You ask people to adhere to the values, but if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.