Staples

EasyTech Associate Position

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Indiana, PA
Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Indiana, PA

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Staples is flexible, college student friendly and has some potential for career development. In my position, you could get away with just stocking inventory and selling some warranties here and there. My management team is very friendly and personable, they have created a sales spirit like no other. Having said that, I strive to outperform myself and my peers 99% of the time. Good place to work if you know how retail is.

Cons

You have your ups and downs, a selling slump is definitely a downer. If you have a positive and strong mindset, you will prevail. That's really about it, you gotta sell. I will also say that sometimes there are other employees who are lazy or incompetent which takes its toll on team morale.

Be more assertive and stand your ground. Those employees that do not pull their weight and are full of excuses need to be taught how to properly perform their jobs. It is annoying to have to deal with it mentally while trying to execute our own jobs at 110% capacity.

2145 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work...

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Reno, NV

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Job offers a good amount of knowledge, experience and great benefits. People are fun to work with and the corporate assistance is very good as far as updates and training. Hours are very good too.

Cons

Pay is nothing special. There isn't a lot of reward for doing your job very well either. People who go through the motions get paid the same and get the same raises as people who work their butts off.

Reward your associates more, especially the ones you make your store boatloads of money every week.

Decent but not exceptional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Staples

Pros

Okay benefits and I did not have to work outside of office hours

Cons

Some managers did not know how to effectively communicate without being aggressive. Feedback on positives were rarely given.

Please take the time to not only give constructive criticism, but also positive feedback when employees have done something well.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples