Staples

www.staples.com

1926 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Customer Service High Touch

Current Employee - High Touch  in  Aurora, CO
Current Employee - High Touch in Aurora, CO

Pros

Weekly check. Weekends off. That's a benefit.

Cons

Promote based on perception not skills. They look down on individuals and would rather utilize their skills instead of promoting. I have been with the company for 7 years and they promote newly hired individuals faster than those that have the knowledge and experience. They promote "a great place to work", when in fact it the worst place to work. The pay is horrible and the job is stressful for what you have to deal with on a consistent basis.

Develop employees. See the glass as half full and not half empty. Really make it a great place to work. Listen in round tables. That may help with the high turnover.

Other reviews for Staples

Minneapolis market is no place to work!

Former Employee - Management  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Management in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Products are good but prices are sometimes too high.

Cons

District Manager thought he knew everything. Could not give opinion on anything!

Change upper management like DM or Staples will have many more people leaving. Corp. should listen to employees when there are concerns not just the DM.

Worst Job I ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Summerville, SC

Pros

I had some nice coworkers. There were times when I got really good hours. And I did enjoy the experience through the different departments of the store. It was great as a starting job. I used to love this job and always looked forward to work until the management changed.

Cons

The managers constantly talked down on you and insulted you. They do not care that you have a life and that you go to school. They change the schedule and schedule you when you request off. They are not the least bit understanding. They constantly breath down your neck about selling this that and this and do not consider the hours you have worked. I would not go back to this store specifically. Also the pay was not worth the time. Also they would tell me I am part time but I have to work 36-37 hours during the summer. That was irritating.

Treat your employees with respect and understand their needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!