Staples

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

I hated this job

Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Paradise Valley, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Paradise Valley, AZ

I worked at Staples full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get a steady paycheck and you don't have to actually do anything. If you step up and work promotions are readily given.

Cons

The pay is crap. The management is either lazy or up your butt. No one else ever does anything so if you decide to step up you're on your own. Customers are jerks and the place is depressing. Always dirty, always unorganized, and always gossiping.

Get your stuff together and lay off of the employees that are actually trying. Focus on the lazy people just hiding in the break room.

2195 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Minneapolis market is no place to work!

Former Employee - Management in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Management in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Staples full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Products are good but prices are sometimes too high.

Cons

District Manager thought he knew everything. Could not give opinion on anything!

Change upper management like DM or Staples will have many more people leaving. Corp. should listen to employees when there are concerns not just the DM.

Worst Job I ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Summerville, SC

I worked at Staples part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had some nice coworkers. There were times when I got really good hours. And I did enjoy the experience through the different departments of the store. It was great as a starting job. I used to love this job and always looked forward to work until the management changed.

Cons

The managers constantly talked down on you and insulted you. They do not care that you have a life and that you go to school. They change the schedule and schedule you when you request off. They are not the least bit understanding. They constantly breath down your neck about selling this that and this and do not consider the hours you have worked. I would not go back to this store specifically. Also the pay was not worth the time. Also they would tell me I am part time but I have to work 36-37 hours during the summer. That was irritating.

Treat your employees with respect and understand their needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples