Staples
2.9 of 5 1,801 reviews
www.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

I hated this job

Customer Service Lead (Former Employee)
Paradise Valley, AZ

ProsYou get a steady paycheck and you don't have to actually do anything. If you step up and work promotions are readily given.

ConsThe pay is crap. The management is either lazy or up your butt. No one else ever does anything so if you decide to step up you're on your own. Customers are jerks and the place is depressing. Always dirty, always unorganized, and always gossiping.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your stuff together and lay off of the employees that are actually trying. Focus on the lazy people just hiding in the break room.

Customer Service High Touch

High Touch (Current Employee)
    Aurora, CO

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Weekly check. Weekends off. That's a benefit. Cons: Promote based on perception not skills. They look down on individuals and would rather utilize their skills instead of promoting. I have been with the… Advice to Senior Management: Develop employees. See the glass as half full and not half empty. Really make it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its not a bad company in the little over a year that i've worked for them. But the pay is rather low.

Team Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than a year

Pros: They provide some benefits for all employees, even part time Cons: They expect quite a bit out of you, for little… Advice to Senior Management: Increase wages, or offer commission. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.