Staples
3.0 of 5 1,564 reviews
careers.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Consistently inconsistent

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
South Lake Tahoe, CA

I worked at Staples part-time for more than a year

ProsHmm.. My store manager was fairly willing to work with our schedules, and was friendly.

ConsEverything else. Small salary, very limited job security, poor communication, and absolute confusion at all times. There are three managers who all seem to have the same power to tell you what to do, and will give conflicting tasks, which are expected to be completed at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your people feel useful, not replaceable. When I was first hired there, the manager at the time had a terrible habit of telling staff he intended to replace them if they couldn't keep up. And keep up with what? Minimum wage? Please.

A lot of effort for minimal compensation

Certified On-Site Technician (Current Employee)
North Babylon, NY

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management Teams from my experience usually make the job… Cons: Low Pay High Stress Poor Compensation Poor benefits Management usually… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you associates' when they have problems. Not everything… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Contract division lost the eye of the tiger!

Staples Advantage Employee (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: can be a great career if your team is up… Cons: Staples bought Corporate Express which has a better handle on it's contract division and is now adapting the CE mentality to it's old… Advice to Senior Management: For mid-management only...running the company from the bottom up and not top down just adds more headaches… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.