1956 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Hard work, but friendly environment.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Kernersville, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kernersville, NC

I have been working at Staples part-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive environment, Managers are always out to help you learn. At my store the managers are flexible with hours and are good about giving time off when needed.

Cons

As with all retail stores customers can sometimes be a bear. When "back to school" season hits there is a lot more expected from the employees.

Other Reviews for Staples

Fantastic coworkers, great managers, corporate experience lacking.

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are well trained, with lots of courses
    The stores (2) I've worked at, have been well kept, with a focus on customer service experience
    management's always been friendly and willing to help

Cons

Benefits are extremely lacking. Incentives have been stripped, with no real reason to push for the quotas in Easytech.

Corporate doesn't have a grasp on how day to day goes. Focuses on outdated sales strategies

The best managers have been let go, and salaries have been cut.

Store managers: Keep your employees best interest at heart. Pay could be better, speak up for the hourly mployees

Great Employees, Awful Company

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate  in  Old Saybrook, CT
    Current Employee - EasyTech Associate in Old Saybrook, CT

I have been working at Staples part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Store management can be really, really great. I started working here when I was still in high school and many of my coworkers and managers are like a second family to me. Can be an enjoyable place to work when there are good customers. There is also a small employee discount on all items and an impressive discount on protection plans. Inside knowledge on sales and clearance deals makes it easy to find a good deal. Health, dental, and vision benefits are available to part-time associates (see con).

Cons

Terrible company to work for. Health benefits do not offer much and are pricey. Recently cut all hours for part time associates to 25 and under, some weeks it will go as low as 10-15 hours. Company is struggling to find its footing in a changing retail environment and is making the employees suffer to compensate. District and regional management and corporate management is almost useless; they visit the store every now and then and institutes random policies and then never follows up.

This advice is more for upper level management and corporate than for store-level: treat your employees better! We work for this company because we choose to. I applied here when I was sixteen because I wanted a job. I worked through high school and during college because I loved my job. I chose not to leave and find better, higher paying jobs because I loved my managers, my coworkers, and helping customers. Your employees are the face of your company, if we are happy then customers will feel it and they will be happy. If we are treated poorly and then ordered to be happy and say "My pleasure" to every customer "or else" then customers will know the smile is forced, will know we are miserable, and they in turn will be miserable. Be honest with your employees, treat them right, and make them happy, and we will give 110% back to the company and make the customers happy. Happy employees = happy customers = more sales = more profits = happy stockholders = happy employees (etc. etc. its all one big cycle)

There are newer employer reviews for Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!