Staples

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

NSP

Former Employee - Buyer in Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Buyer in Framingham, MA

I worked at Staples full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate headquarters. Work from home, there are 3000 employees, cafeteria, monotonous, good for someone who is middle aged or a family person, not for young person, some days I would walk past middle management or supervisors and they would not even say hello even tho I was looking them in the face, rude! There is a CYA attitude and blame is passed, senior management or department managers always changing to other openings.

Cons

Cubicle all day, 9hours on computer, passive aggressive emails, duties were constantly changing including hours I worked 830-5 then was switched to rotating hours starting between 9-11am and ending 530-8pm. Worked I a new program which never succeeded. I was a temp for what I was told was 90days and I worked 1year and was never offered full time benefits. When I spoke up I was advised to look for other jobs within the company, I applied for inside sales and I met all the qualifications and exceeded some. Sales required hs diploma and I have a bachelors. I was never offered an interview after the phone screen even tho I had experience in the company and higher education than some applicants. Ultimately being fed up with being contract employee caused my performance to suffer.

Once you are in a position and are needed it is hard to move, would be easier to leave the company then return in a higher role than move laterally or move up.

2200 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Staoles

Former Employee - B2B in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - B2B in Scranton, PA

I worked at Staples full-time (more than an year)

Pros

b2b sales outside sales yes

Cons

Management is unable to look outside the box

look at others to lead

Anyone Above Store Level Is Out Of Touch

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn retail, developing others,

Cons

Too many to list. GM's are not held accountable, while all of us below them work like crazy. Endless workload and tasking with no labor. High expectations in a dying business.

Assess all the General Managers just like you did to the assistant managers last year.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples