Staples
2.9 of 5 1,801 reviews
www.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Can be extremely stressful especially when goals are set for you to obtain.

Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of great people to work with, ability to learn new products, being a full time employee, you can just about set your own hours.

ConsToo many goals are set by upper management that are next to impossible to obtain. Always under the threat of write-ups, suspension or being fired if you do not meet these goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have upper level managers that set goals and expectations that are extremely unrealistic, and if you don't meet them, you can AND will be replaced! In other words, if you do not meet the performance standards, you will be FIRED.

Great place to start, but move on quick...

Easy Tech Expert (Current Employee)
    Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Staples

Pros: I worked at Staples for a total of almost four years at three stores. Staples itself is a great place to grow skill sets in… Cons: The commision structure which changed three times in my years at Staples and was often confusing and redundent to new hires. Not a good incentive… Advice to Senior Management: A great job at training but you need to do a better job a reconizing your long term employees that dont want to move into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Copy and Print (Current Employee)
    Culpeper, VA

I have been working at Staples

Pros: Customers at staples copy center are usually professionals. They are… Cons: Management With exception is distant Advice to Senior Management: Take time to know your employees and their needs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.