Staples

www.staples.com
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

I'd rather fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog shi.t out of Hong Kong then stay working at lolStaples.

Current Employee - Inventory Manager in North Haven, CT
Current Employee - Inventory Manager in North Haven, CT

I have been working at Staples

Pros

If you're in high school, this is a decent place to work.

Cons

This company doesn't know how to run a business. I'd rather fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh.it out of Hong Kong.

Go to school.

2292 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Sales/Operation Manager in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Sales/Operation Manager in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Staples has a fair pay scale. The benefits are very good. The hours are fair for retail, 45-50+ hours a week for management. The company does not have excessive extended hours during the holidays like most big box retailers. However like all retail you are expected to stay late during peak seasons, (BTS & Holidays) the company doesn't require it but upper management expects it of you. If you've spent any length of time in retail management you know the hours can be grueling. Staples is the easiest I've worked with, other big box can work you upwards of 70 hours a week during the holidays for 4-6 weeks straight.

Cons

The communication with Hr and upper management is not quite the open door policy they'd like you to believe. As any management structure it does depend on the people in position. Internal problems are not dealt with in a timely manner. I encountered a problem with suspected internal theft which had been going on long before I was hired. I Addressed it with the Gm as well as the DM and HR. After voicing my concerns with two GM's and Three DM's and LP(yes the turn over was high when I was there) the problem was not addresed. Policy was not being followed as far as security procedures. Yet nothing was done to correct the problem.

The best advice I could give Senior mangement would be to hold to your return policy. There are times when you have to make the exception but word is out that if you want to return a product after the 14 day return policy is up all you have to do is raise a stink and they'll take it back. Management is so afraid of a complaint that they don't even implement the policy. The shrink for the company is unbelievable due to this. Take copy center for instance, if the customer has made a type-o on their order (wrong #) and complain, they will do it over for free, not just the re-do but if you show any agitation they won't even charge you for the original order. Staple has a zero complaint policy and uses it to terminate management if they get so much as three in a two year period. Get real, most retail has daily complaints just because some people like to get away with things by complaining.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Great culture, good people - you're not just a number, but can truly make a difference. If you are willing to work hard and focus on common goals and objectives, then Staples is the right company for you. Everyone who I work with truly believes we are the best office products company in the world, and fight each day to make that belief a truth.

Cons

Heavy workload is, and always has been, the norm. The salary structure - while somewhat competitive - is on the lower end of the scale per job role/grade.

Solid decision makers who always have the best interest of our customers and our people in mind.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples