There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Like my job - need more money!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Staples

Pros

The company has great people and benefits

Cons

we are given too many accounts to handle - and too many duties to effectively perform any of them with excellence.
I am not paid enough.

Advice to Management

be more realist when setting goals and required monthly activities.
Work our job for a month...

reviews filtered by

STAY AWAY>>>>>NOT WORTH WALKING IN THE DOOR

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Riverbank, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Riverbank, CA

I worked at Staples

Pros

The employees are very nice....when staples gives them hours to work. There is a level of three managers and most of the time I was running a cash register because they would not give the hourly associates the hours so they expected the managers to do the manager job as well as the associate job

Cons

they expect managers to work 60 or more hours a week...they give them no employees to do the job that is expected and the work life balance is not there. IF you want to work your entire week with out a day off..get yelled at because the job is not done right due to lack of employee hours....and lack of training then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

do not work for Staples. My fiance passed away and I had to take three months off...no one in management even said they were sorry for my loss and when I tried to go back to my job they gave my position to someone else. The general manager lost a grandmother and took time off and everyone thought he was god.

2. Staples is the land of opportunity! For it's associates, it's customers and it's investors!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Staples is a place of integrity, with a leadership team of highly ethical business leaders. Treatment to the customers is held to that standard as well. There is a pride that is apparent for those of us who work at Staples. It is a young company that has accomplished much in a short time, but doing things right! For me, it has allowed me to use my talents and to contribute to the progress of the company in my area of expertise.

Cons

With the company being only a little over 20 yrs old, the growth sometimes out grows the technology. This is probably the only downside. The strides I have seen in the past 5 years is impressive. The company is trying to ramp up with technology that eases the lag time or down time. While we have a way to go there, we definitely have the support team to get us there!

Advice to Management

Keep it simple!!

There are newer employer reviews for Staples