There are newer employer reviews for StarTek

Don't ever think about working here...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Grand Junction, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Junction, CO

I have been working at StarTek full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent, not great but livable, *40 hours a week (More in the cons)

Cons

Let's start with the majority of the employees. They are mostly fresh from high school kids with more drama and stupidity than I thought was imaginable... Always complaining about the customers they get on the phones. All I hear on the smoke dock is "This customer was so dumb!" "customer said this and it made me so mad!" ect.... When there is a little bit of a down time, agents talk among themselves, and have no respect for people that are on a call. Many times have customers asked me if some one was cussing, have the other people around me "Shut Up", or get fed up with all the background noise, and just hang up.

Supervisors/Management... This part of StarTek Grand Junction is horrible. I have a friend who is neighbors with my supervisor, and my friend tells me all the time that my supervisor wants to get rid of his whole team, and get new hires because we have a few bad days or what have you. My Supervisor and a couple others, will talk down about other employees, to other employees. Talk down about them like, how they will never succeed in the real world, how they will end up homeless, and never get anywhere in life, just because they had a bad day metrics wise.

Supervisors are supposed to supervise and support their team. It's kinda hard when they are never around. Many countless times have all the supervisors just vanish and show up a couple hours later, leaving all the agents wondering where such and such supervisor is because they need help.

Some supervisors have used slander to get someone to do a better job.

I spoke with one of the higher management ladies about needing a couple days off due to a medical condition, to which they replied that they will take care of it and go get better. After I was feeling better and went back to work, I was greeted to a First And Final about attendance because the higher management lady, never put it in my schedule that I would have gone for 2 days approved and never let my supervisor know. They said I should have been fired for "No Call, No Show" but they gave me another chance. And no one ever spoke up to take the blame.

40 hours a week, now that may not sound like a con, but they say you will always get 40 hours a week. Thats great and all, but when it gets slow, they make you go home. They will send you home and they don't care if you NEED the full 40 hours. I have been asked by my supervisor if I had any motivation to work here, because I haven't worked a full week since JANUARY and it is now OCTOBER. And I explained that it was due to them always sending me home. He just brushed it off and told me to get my act together.

Constant rule changes, which is ok, but at least let your employees know in advance, instead of walking in one morning and telling us "Oh, if you don't do this, you will get a first and final!"
In the past few weeks, they have changed many rules and countless people have been getting fired for such little, mundane things. I was almost fired because I didn't ask for a payment. The customer told me he had no money on his card or bank account and only had cash and needed a location where he could make his payment. I'm not going to ask for a payment when the customer just told me he can not do it over the phone... seriously?

One last thing, the management, they are only customer service reps like the rest of the people at startek, they just had good metrics and attendance. No training, they have no idea how to do their job. but they got promoted because of good metrics... ugh...

Grow up, learn your job, stay at your post because you are needed, stop treating your employees like they are just some replaceable pawn that you don't care one bit about.

97 Other Employee Reviews for StarTek (View Most Recent)

Feels like a slave trad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at StarTek full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job.....if you want to call it that

Cons

HR is an absolute joke.....the dude in Cincinnati is worthless, screws up the paperwork so you don't get paid on time or right.

The pay, even for management, qualifies for free lunch at schools - IF you even get paid. Forget raises cause they "get locked in the system and can't be processed"

Bed Bugs

Trainers are idiots

Support system is horrendous

Tech support is worse than ticket pushers, they push the wrong direction

No on really gives a rat's you know what about anyone there even though they "practice" servant leadership

Grow up and be a real company with a sense of responsibility

Long time employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at StarTek full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros are the employees, clients, and PTO

Cons

The Cons are pay, management, organization

Learn the job that your agents perform, learn from your mistakes and be as honest as possible

There are newer employer reviews for StarTek

Worked for StarTek? Contribute to the Community!