StarTek

www.startek.com
  www.startek.com
There are newer employer reviews for StarTek

The position and benefits were satisfactory, but the base pay was too low.

I worked at StarTek full-time

Pros

Extensive training, benefits and you work from home.

Cons

Hourly base salary is too low.

Provide more advancement opportunities.

109 Other Employee Reviews for StarTek (View Most Recent)

No one knows what is going on in Enid, OK !!!

Former Employee - Trainer/Babysitter in Enid, OK
    Former Employee - Trainer/Babysitter in Enid, OK

I worked at StarTek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really can't think of any for leadership here. The only pro was finally getting to quit.
    One pro is for agents, you can sit in training for 6 weeks and get paid - do not learn a thing, goof off, talk crap on everyone and be a complete moron. The management will swaddle you like a baby, and blame everything on the training department. Oh and then you can quit right at the end of training, taking your 6 weeks of pay with you and pick some to blame it all on. So you get to leave looking like a saint and completely blaming someone else for all your deficiencies. Best scam ever for anyone who can't get hired anywhere else. They will hire ANYONE and pay you six weeks to sit on your butt in training - then leave with a good reference, because you can say the trainers didn't train you well.

Cons

Completely disorganized. Adult employees are un-trainable and act like children. Agents being fired because they are asked to change the way they operate daily then are penalized for it. I would never work for a place like this again!!! There is so much favoritism, little groups of people who gossip and stab each other in the back. You cannot say anything within 50 ft of this place because every single person working here - from top to bottom - will tell on you in a heartbeat. They stab each other in the back so much, knives should be given out prior to each shift!

Don't believe HR...they are exactly like every other HR person I have ever met in my entire life. They will act so sweet and kind to you. Luring you to come in and confide in them - then when something important happens and you need their help, they will act like they've never talked to you before, lie right to your face, back up management over you, and basically do what every other SCUM BAG HR person has always down - throw you under the bus at light speed to protect their own butt. Ridiculous.

The whole management "team" has been fired (or supposedly "resigned") twice in the seven months I was here. People are thrown under the bus with enthusiasm. Rumors and gossip make employees seem like they are still in grammar school. Every break employees complain so much about the company and each other it is painful to hear. Attempting to train people to work here is an exercise in futility - they are adult children who break down crying, act like babies, fall asleep in training and basically don't show up to work. Then the trainers are told they must treat these "adult children" like they are the most important thing to company. I guess the trainers have no importance but to be scape goats. Finally trainers are blamed for the idiotic children that HR hires when they can't graduate and do their job. I couldn't treat adults like babies which is how they acted, so I had to run away from here and quick!!! DO NOT GET LURED INTO A TRAINING POSITION HERE no matter how much they sell it. If they promise more pay it is a LIE. RUN AWAY!!!

Realize the VERY few good people you have working here and support them, instead of screwing them over! Tell corporate know-it-alls to stay away. Open your freaking eyes and see what is really going on. Or just quit before its too late.

Great place to work getting started in IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

I have been working at StarTek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere in the IT department is very team oriented. If I ever had an issue that I needed advice on all I would have to do is send a message to a neighboring call center tech and they would offer advice on how they resolved the issue in the past. I was able to gain lots of desktop support experience in a short amount of time.

Schedule is very flexible and as IT there is no direct manager on site. Manager/Supervisor direction is very minimal. You are given a task and due date and it's up to you on how you get it done and when you want to tackle the project. So long as you put in your time and get the work done leadership is very happy.

Cons

Pay scale on the low end in my market.

This review is for the IT dept only. Other departments may have different environments.

Advice to IT Management - Invest in your people and allow them to expand their knowledge base.

Keep up the good work.