There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Okay, It's a Job

Former Employee - Barista in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Barista in Chicago, IL

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Tips
Insurance
Free pound a Coffee a week
Free Food
Free Drinks
Some Nice Customers
Some Co-Workers

That's a list of the good things. Over all, I was a very optimistic person when coming in to work. For me, the best time to work is in the afternoon because people are less cranky and more chill. I have meet some pretty amazing co-workers that I still keep in contact with. Some of the regulars knew my name and it was pretty nice. There were days that I really like my job. Also there is a mandatory raise every 6 months in the job. I believe its from 25cents-75cents more and hour. You get evaluated every month. One of my favourite parts was that i would go in early eat my bagel and drink my coffee before my shift, so I could start off at a good day. I miss that.

Cons

4:45am Shift
Throwing out the trash
Crazy Homeless people
Insane Line in the morning
Bad Manager
Selling stuff

Here's my list of the bad. I only lasted for Starbucks for 2 years and here is why. I transitioned from evening to morning shifts Really bad mistake. The lines at Starbucks in the morning are crazy long, but it makes time go ALOT faster. Same people, same drinks, same thing everyday. Oh, and when VIA first came out, we had to SELL it or we would get in trouble. Stupidest thing ever. And you get some really mean customers. One Homeless man threatened to beat me up after work. In a way its sorta funny now, but at the time it wasnt. I also had a manager who was lazy and never liked to do the dirty work. OH and don't let me get started on the sanitation. Some lady would go into the store unexpectedly and rate the stores sanitation. This is the reason why I quit. I remember my shift manager made me feel worthless bc she was in so much pressure. Just like any other job, it has its ups and down. If you want to work at Starbucks, go right ahead.

Treat others the way you like to be treated

4763 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

made great friends, worked with a great team, and met alot of great customers.

Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Warminster, PA

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

benefits are great and holidays you get time and a half

Cons

number and value of raises were low

leasdership was great when i worked there however some of the districk managers seemed a bit bitchy and not nice or understanding

A great place to work to get through school or while looking for a career

Former Employee - Barista/Shift Supervisor in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Barista/Shift Supervisor in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Awesome benefits, great co-workers (at all three locations I worked), free coffee, flexible hours

Cons

Never given feedback on how well I was performing, although the promotion to supervisor indicated that I did a good job, I suppose.
    If you don't like working really early or late, this job is not for you.
    Most Starbucks are open 365 days a year.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks