Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,196 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Good benefits, incompetent management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lemon Grove, CA

ProsThe company has some of the best benefits you can get for food service. Depending on your store, you can make a lot of great friends for future networking.

ConsThe company has a problem with placing ineffectual managers into stores. There is a real problem with immaturity and cliques in certain regions...this problem is directly connected to how involved the district manager is with each store. Do your research before applying!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very important to make sure your middle management (District Managers) are actually managing their district! Too many rules have been broken due to an apathetic DM in my former district.

My tenure at Starbucks had its ups and downs, but in the end I walked away with a wealth of knowledge.

Barista (Former Employee)
    Pineville, NC

I worked at Starbucks

Pros: Best-in-class benefits, an exciting and positive atmosphere, great networking opportunities, and high standards of excelence within the industry all make Starbucks Coffee Co. a one-of-a-kind… Cons: An extremely stressful work environment, physically demanding, inadequate monetary compensation for the volume and precision of skilled labor required (for non-salaried positions), inconsistant career guidence… Advice to Senior Management: I strongly suggest taking measures to eliminate any bias, discrimination, or corporate politics from denying deserving and appropriate candidates advancement within the corporation. Traits such… More

OK

Barista (Former Employee)
    Olympia, WA

I worked at Starbucks

Pros: It's a job, ok pay in a small town. Some… Cons: The customers and the fu fu drinks. Advice to Senior Management: Act like a human and stop referring to the book! More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.