Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great if you find a store with the right manager

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

The benefits are great and make it worth the crap you go through - to a point.

Cons

Management can make/break the store. Promotions are based on tenure and not skill when you get into the manager position and it shows.

Take a good look at who and how your stores are managed. You have some great managers and some very very bad managers. This disparity is hurting the company from the inside and out.

5114 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Unsatisfied as an employee

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Good tips and it's nice having co workers with fun personalities, makes the work environment much easier to deal with.

Cons

The manager is uninvolved and unorganized. Unreasonable hours and extremely hard to get a day off even if it is urgent.

Be prepared for everyone to be in your business

Current Employee - Starbucks Store Manager
    Current Employee - Starbucks Store Manager

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, work with great people.

Cons

At least in my district there is an intense competition between the store managers to be promoted. They all have their own projects that they're working in to "better the district" and they always have projects for the store managers to do that compete with each other. I'm all for team work and team development but it makes it hard to manage your own store when you get assigned projects by other peers that sometimes conflict with the way you would like to manage your store.

The hours are horrendous. You have to get up at some ungodly hour to open the store and the depending on the location a closing shift might of end until after midnight or later. Not that you have to work this shifts all the time but it's definitely not fun getting trapped in your store for a 16 hour double shift because you couldn't get anyone to cover a call off from a shift supervisor if it happens.

Upgrade your technology. The ordering system, scheduling and timekeeping applications are horrendous and really take up too much of the managers time unnecessarily - you need us on the floor, helping customers and coaching our partners - not chained to the desk in the back for a day dealing with archaic systems.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks