There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Providing great customer service, while educating customers and co-workers about coffee.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility; great atmosphere; good coffee; lots of chances to learn; benefits even for part time employees; a company that cares about sourcing ethically coffee; a company that treats its workers with respect; recognizes excellence in job performance and customer service, and provides opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Shifts can be tough, it can be difficult to remain composed while dealing with dozens of customers, expectations are very high for store sanitation and cleanliness, there is a high turnover rate - have to adjust to new coworkers regularly.

Provide more incentives for lower level employees - promote more rapidly.

4765 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Not top 500 company to work for

Current Employee - Store Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At first the pay seemed decent, but after learning what was involved, well it just doesn't cut it. I was told that i needed to work even on my day off. I was even told that i could not take an earned vacation after working very hard for well over a year.

Cons

Very much overworked. They put the burden solely on the manager, even if the partners aren't performing up to par, they get retrained again and again, but if you complain even just once Starbucks makes it its mission to make you miserable. My advice dont become a Store manager, just be a shift, you can do the bare minimum and never have to worry about job security, well at-least here in my district anyway. Not to mention i was hurt on the job, not only did my DM ignore my calls, but threatened partners to not come forward!!! What a scam.

get a clue, learn how to treat your hard working employees. When you make a mistake, take ownership and make a change

I loved working at Starbucks!

Former Employee - Starbucks Store Manager in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Starbucks Store Manager in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time

Pros

Great people, great customers, highly engaging, and fast-paced environment. As a Starbucks store manager, I played the roles of manager, coach, mentor, trainer, brand ambassador, and entrepreneur.

Cons

The best thing about working for Starbucks also is the worst thing. There is never a break. In order to be truly successful, you have got to commit to, and fully engage in, everything that you do. As a leader of a team of people and an individual solely responsible for the success of your store, you are asked to approach your role with the mindset of a business owner. It is a truly rewarding role to play, however, at the end of the day you may put in the hours of a business owner, but still receive the corporately structured compensation package of an individual store manager. It is easy to overwork yourself and get burnt out.

Just because it is possible to constantly do more with less, doesn't mean it's a sustainable approach.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks