Starbucks

Former Employee - Lead Barista in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Lead Barista in Washington, DC

I worked at Starbucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced so the day goes by pretty fast, fun environment, plenty of perks, easiest job i ever had. All you need to bring to work is a smile and a good memory. Great chances for fast opportunity growth

Cons

A lot of drinks to remember, tips givin to you are shared amongst all employees, ideal for college and/or high school students

Advice to Management

Have a chart put up with how to make each drink

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

Okay college job

Former Employee - Barista in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Barista in Rochester, NY

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, easy work, okay perks (if you like Starbucks). Solid Part-time job.

Cons

Food service... customers are terrible people sometimes. The training is also arduous and you end up making your own routine anyway. You'll smell like coffee all the time!

Advice to Management

Allow employees to find their own way to do things - it might just be better.

not bad, not bad

Current Employee - Barista in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Barista in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starbucks is a great company. The benefits are great and the CEO cares about the outcome and seemingly on a personal not just fiscal level. Stock options and 401k are a great way to make the best of the paycheck.

Cons

I've noticed from my store as well as with others I've worked in that there is a popularity contest constantly at work. It seems to be encouraged by management and there is no possibility of promoting until you belong to whichever "clique" your store manager belongs to. Fraternizing happens with my store manager, and I feel penalized for not wanting to hang with the boss... this happens at too many stores to count. The schedule is affected by this... and promotions are as well, so you are payed to be chummy.... but not with the customers... Its a fun place all-in-all though. Making drinks is fun, and the customers and most coworkers are fun too.