Starbucks

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Shift

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility,school,tips,great attitude everyone is always nice very chill great deals on your drink an d a take home pound of coffee.

Cons

picky people can get on your nerves.

4979 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Starbucks: Socially Responsible and friendly!

Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in New York, NY

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Where to begin? Starbucks is an excellent company. When it comes to social responsibility, this company shines brighter than it's competitors. It treats not only their employees (great benefits, near-decent pay, opportunities for growth and advancement) well but also the people who provide them their coffee. They're more environmentally-friendly than their competitors and all the other good things you can read about on their website. It's truly amazing.

The culture is absolutely fantastic! You can find many employees of Starbucks who are very passionate about the company and that makes all the difference! I mean sure, you get those who do it for the money and that's perfectly fine. However, being able to encounter enthusiastic partners so frequently makes my room that perpetually clothes that perpetually smell like coffee worth it. This is when you begin to embrace the company value which in my opinion is quiet a feeling. There's no reason to not do this because it's so welcoming. Well, at least it should be like my experience. If it's the opposite of welcoming, you should be able to report this to your manager or anyone else who is higher up. If doing all of this fails or you are unable to, you're working at a Starbucks that is operating poorly. Quit or transfer.

(Oh, let's not forget mention the free ish you can get from Starbucks. Bananas, fruit cups, coffee and tea were a regular for me.)

Cons

I really have no negative things to say about Starbucks except for some small things and one big thing.

Though there are food options at Starbucks that are, in my opinion, reasonably edible, most (85-90%) of it is unhealthy. I'm adamantly against processed foods so not many things make the list of "edible" in any giant prepared-foods chain. I'm also not a huge fan of coffee. It's a drug that we need to get unhooked from.

The tea bags, like almost all silk tea bags, are made from synthetic, plastic silk. Still drinkable, but the thought of gulping down plastic reminds me that it's not a health beverage.. not to mention that it's not helping the environment. It would be nice for them to have tea bags made from unbleached paper.

The big thing: This job is not for those with a weak heart! It can be very stressful, especially in areas that are often congested with people. Anyone suffering from anxiety, high blood pressure or any other health condition that may be worsened by stress should not work at Starbucks unless they are desperate for money. For those who handle stress well, it's not that bad.

Management tends to be great. My only advice would be to take it easy on your employees. The amount of stress this job can come with can be too burdensome with a harsh manager.

Very good collaborative work environment

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most co-workers (partners) are friendly, professional and dedicated.

Cons

There are pockets of mid-level managers who have become jaded over time yet remain in their positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks