Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Awesome place to work with.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Starbucks is a great place to work because of their benefits, work culture, customers, and flexibility in scheduling. It's very easy to get promoted so long as you work hard.

Cons

Unfortunately, the management can and will eventually treat you like your disposable, especially when you make it a point to voice your concerns and you've given them your absolute best.

Stop treating your employees like crap.

5361 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

"Good people, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, 90% of employees are awesome people, depending on manager opportunity to move up to entry-level management positions.

Cons

Out of touch upper management (DM, RM, etc.), too much work for too little pay, strange and bizarre expectations placed upon low-level workers (treat it like you own it... REALLY??? You expect minimum wage, overworked employees to do this??). Management is oddly manipulative and not very good at manipulation. Only one of the five store managers I worked with was good, and he was outstanding, a very hard worker who held people accountable.

Don't know how to fix this, but there are just too many managers in the upper-level. This literally happened - A regional manager asked a district manager who asked a store manager to ask me (shift supervisor) if a sandwich had cooked long enough. I was about two feet away from ALL of them. That is a bloated and inefficient management model if you ask me.

today's starbucks

Current Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits and good product...most of the time

Cons

horrible training model, unlike the past..it used to be a company that thrived on education excellence. Slowly but surely the company is ripping away labor hours while piling on more unnecessary work. paralasys by analysis seems to be there motto these days

be more encouraging...be a leader and a manager...not just a manager..this is geared more to the upper management..DM's Regional directors.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks