Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Barista in Rocklin, CA
Former Employee - Barista in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

I think that Starbucks is a good company to work for because they care about their employees. It was voted one of Fortune 500's best companies to work for in 2008 because of the benefits they give to their employees. The work is hard sometimes but the the store I work for fosters an atmosphere of trust and respect most of the time.

Cons

The customers at the Bucks are probably the worst part. There are those people who are real pains in the butt and don't care how they treat you, as long as they get their daily caffeine fix. Granted there are bad customers in any business you work in, but for some reason out of all the places I have worked (5 total) the Starbucks customers seemed to be the worst.

That, contrary to popular belief, sometimes employees are more important than the customer

5135 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Great coffee, good people, but the future is uncertain

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Great brand -- Starbucks will survive the current recession and thrive when consumer confidence returns.

Good people -- even though a good deal of talent has left the company in the last year, there are still smart committed people at Starbucks.

Cons

Sr Leadership is making confusing choices. Lot's of windy pronouncements have been made since Howard returned as CEO. Many of the directions and strategies introduced become diffuse and lost direction very quickly.

Mediocre compensation

Doesn't really support professional development

Perhaps over-committed to CSR. It doesn't seem middle class consumers have stuck with Starbucks just because it's a 'good' company.

Should Howard be CEO at this point in the company's life cycle? He's a great entrepreneur, but perhaps not a great leader.

Stay focused on fixing food.

i love my job

Current Employee - Barista in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Barista in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

free coffee and good people

Cons

none i loke this job alot

consider everyones feelings