Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,196 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Good company to work for

Barista (Former Employee)
Rocklin, CA

ProsI think that Starbucks is a good company to work for because they care about their employees. It was voted one of Fortune 500's best companies to work for in 2008 because of the benefits they give to their employees. The work is hard sometimes but the the store I work for fosters an atmosphere of trust and respect most of the time.

ConsThe customers at the Bucks are probably the worst part. There are those people who are real pains in the butt and don't care how they treat you, as long as they get their daily caffeine fix. Granted there are bad customers in any business you work in, but for some reason out of all the places I have worked (5 total) the Starbucks customers seemed to be the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat, contrary to popular belief, sometimes employees are more important than the customer

Good for college students!

Barista (Current Employee)
    Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros: The benefits and the discount! As long as you work 20 hours a week, you're able to get full health, dental, vision benefits. The best… Cons: Everyone is young, and you'll sometimes have 18 year old shift supervisors telling you what to do. It's not so… Advice to Senior Management: Know who your key and star employees are. Praise them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Where has the soul, and the leadership, gone.

Boston, MA

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros: Starbucks has a strong corporate social responsibility message. Total compensation has been solid. They are… Cons: For a company that began its growth as a company with a "soul", the economic downturn has caused them to… Advice to Senior Management: Get the real message out - from price point, how the company supports the local… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.