Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Great for part time

Starbucks-Barista (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsCustomers are generally friendly and in a good mood. The employees are diverse, ranging in age from high school to senior. It is a great environment and employees tend to be supportive of each other and assist each other with tasks. We are called "partners" and we are.

ConsOccasionally a shift lead or manager gets a bit zealous and will micro manage. If this happens one just has to comply or try to stay out of the way...there is no recourse when it comes to a bad manager unless they are stealing or are not making their quotas. District managers probably make unrealistic demands of them and threaten job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees have a strong work ethic. I have noticed some employees only do what they have to do and make management tell them what needs to be done.

Not that great but getting better

Bus Boy (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros: excelleant coffee, great office, nice view Cons: cant seem to get up that earlier Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Its a job, not a bad job, afterall I have worked there +6 yrs

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Health Insurance 401k stock flexible schedule vacation time locations tries to be progressive Cons: corporate varied hours wages could be better produces lots of waste when any company… Advice to Senior Management: we need to stop producing so much waste ASAP. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!