Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

A very encouraging, positive and enriching working environment

Current Employee - Barista in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Barista in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical and partner benefits
Pay increase (when meets expectations) every 6 months
Lots of room for growth
Great training
Wonderful discounts and perks while a part of the company
Management on the store-level is usually very willing to listen to the opinions of their employees

Cons

Cleaning/maintenance of store can be physically taxing
Fast-paced environment can be stressful at times
inconsistent schedule (retail)
Your responsibility to get your shift covered even if you are very sick the night before (not the first thing I'd want to do when I am in bed with a 102 fever)

Try to listen to the opinions of those working in the stores more who receive recommendations from customers. It may improve the overall business.

5318 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Great company! Experience depends on your manager, though...

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Boise, ID

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free coffee, respect, a company that cares about its employees, great training, company that cares about their global impact and their customers.

Cons

Personally had trouble with my manager: hard to get time off, scheduling issues, inability to promote, but eventually realized that it was just my manager, not the company. The Regional Director was amazing and as soon as she was made aware of the issues, she took action. Also, have to admit that I wouldn't go back to a shift supervisor position... way too much work and responsibility for the pay (and I'm the kind of person who needs to be challenged).

1) Shift supervisors do way more and are given so much more responsibility than you will ever realize (especially at stores w/o an ASM!) They also care more than you'll ever know! If you want to keep these dedicated employees, they need acknowledgement and compensation to match what they really do!
    2) Store Managers need more SUPPORTIVE, direct supervision than they get! After 5 years, it took a new RD coming to do a roundtable before issues were faced which had been going on for years...
    3) You have some of the hardest working, passionate and dedicated employees that I've ever met!

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have competitive pay and an atmosphere that is simply the best that I have ever experienced to work in within the scope of the food service industry.

Cons

The large size means that it is slow to move or change when problems arise for individual stores.

To listen to your base employee's they are the ones on the front lines. Even if you are receiving information from above you concerning productivity, the people who handle it every day are the ones that you should listen to.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks