There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great to work at as a high school student

Current Employee - Barista in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Barista in Reston, VA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay Rate Free Drinks Tips

Cons

Poor scheduling competitive Scarcity of Syrups, supplies.

Advice to Management

Fix the flies on pastry issue.

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

For all its show of lofty values and 'treating employees well,' SBUX is as money-grubbing and poorly managed as the rest

Former Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really, the free drinks/food are the only positive thing you're gonna get out of a job with SBUX. And they do their best to make sure you don't get much for free - food past its date is supposed to be thrown away rather than taken home by hungry, underpaid employees...

Cons

Disorganized, callous store management, more hours than you want if you're busy with another job/school OR not enough hours if you're broke and starving, rushed training that leaves new hires feeling nervous and incompetent, low wages, and tons of time wasted on pointless exercises like writing your Starbucks goals on cute little notecards for the break room wall.

Advice to Management

Why would upper management want my advice? Obviously they're prospering, and standing on the backs of their underpaid employees to do it.

Make sure this is what you want, because once you're in, you're in.

Current Employee - Barista in Avon, CT
    Current Employee - Barista in Avon, CT

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT employees, I love my team. Good starting pay, good benefits, tips are okay, enjoying my pound of coffee each week.

Cons

Asked to transfer and got alienated because the manager slandered me to no end, store does not follow corporate rules, sick employees ALWAYS on floor when that's QASA's biggest no-no, sarcastic and catty shift supervisors who honestly believe they're DM's.

Advice to Management

Take a little time out of your day to recognize that your stores aren't following code. Management is dispicable and I cannot believe the way I was treated when asked to transfer because of relocation. I'm now transporting myself a total of 150 miles each day because I cannot find a new job and my manager will not let me transfer.