There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

An upbeat, challenging learning experience

Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Glen Ridge, NJ
Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Glen Ridge, NJ

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive company. Looks out for its employees. They have what's called a Cup Fund that you can apply for if you are suffering a financial hardship. I applied when I was struggling to pay the rent and they helped me out. I worked with some really interesting people and got to know a lot of people in my community. We were a friendly, upbeat staff that genuinely cared about each other and our customers.

Cons

You have to clean the bathrooms and it can be a fairly disgusting job

reviews filtered by

Fast paced but fun, can be pretty stressful

Current Employee - Barista in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Austin, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LOVE the coffee benefits! Free drinks during shifts and free coffee every week. Tips are great if you're in the right area. The regular customers are usually a blast and make up for the snotty ones. I have made several lifetime friends from my time at the Bux! Benefits are great and you can get them with even part time work.

Cons

Unrealistic upselling expectations. Can be pretty stressful during peak times. Some managers (most) expect you to constantly be smiling even when you have a snake of cups from here to China to finish in 30 seconds.

Advice to Management

Unrealistic expectation of upselling things like "Via" and pastries. Seriously... if people want it they will ask for it... it's right in front of them. Let us show our tattoos & noserings (as long as they're not vulgur) - we are HUMANS! Stop making us all be drones!!!!!!

Starbucks stays true to their philosophy.

Current Employee - Barista in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Starbucks is a blast. You'll get the chance to meet new people everyday while working in a fun environment with cool people. You'll see that Starbucks is everything that they promise to be and more if you're at the right store. Starbucks offers many perks including weekly coffee bean mark outs, stock options, benefits, PTO, and more.

Cons

For those at a high volume store the starting salary is too low.