6 Years Later

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that really sits where it stands. Ethics, integrity, and respect are huge here. I love my job, but it is not for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelming. At times expectations can seem impossible to meet.

Build a shift team that can truly SUPPORT you. If you cant trust your shift supervisors to be good leaders when you are not in the store, you will end up overworking yourself and hating your job. Expect a LOT from your team. When you set the bar high, people tend to deliver.

Other Reviews for Starbucks

New to Starbucks

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

great support, clear and defined job duties, great benefits

Cons

customers, pay is a little weak. Not really selling coffee, but selling sugar that is lightly mixed with coffee

create more of a specialty coffee experience, the most commonly heard question are "How sweet is that?" when it should be "What flavors does that (insert coffee from x origin here) create?" I know that it is almost a lost cause due to the high volume of customers that have beent rained to think of coffee a certain way, but maybe we can fix that. Finally, BUY MORE FAIR TRADE and Train stores to recycle more.

It's a good job if you work hard

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Vestal, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Vestal, NY

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is some challenge to the job and a feeling of professionalism if your particular cafe is well managed. Pay raises are decent and promotions can be timely if you earn them. There is a strong team environment and often baristas form strong friendships that go outside of work. 401(k) matches up to 6% and stock options are available after the first year.

Cons

Shifts can be long and stressful physically and mentally. There is lots of standing and some cafes can be very high volume. There is no full-time status for baristas or shift supervisors, only for assistant managers and up.

It is good to promote the product within the Starbucks community, but things like "cupping", and coffee tastings, and other rituals to show love for coffee is a little overblown. Just let us taste the coffee.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!