Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

The company Starbucks has been good to work for, each store has it's own story.

Current Employee - Barista in Silver Spring, MD
Current Employee - Barista in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get benefits even at part time after 3 months, discount on products, stocks in the company, considered for raises every 6 months.

Cons

The cons more have to do with each individual store and how the employees work together and if the store manager is competent or not.

Listen to the baristas and shift managers more. Make sure store managers are being trained well. Give baristas and shifts a safe space to talk about what is going on in the store.

5133 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Fast paced but fun, can be pretty stressful

Current Employee - Barista in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Austin, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

LOVE the coffee benefits! Free drinks during shifts and free coffee every week. Tips are great if you're in the right area. The regular customers are usually a blast and make up for the snotty ones. I have made several lifetime friends from my time at the Bux! Benefits are great and you can get them with even part time work.

Cons

Unrealistic upselling expectations. Can be pretty stressful during peak times. Some managers (most) expect you to constantly be smiling even when you have a snake of cups from here to China to finish in 30 seconds.

Unrealistic expectation of upselling things like "Via" and pastries. Seriously... if people want it they will ask for it... it's right in front of them. Let us show our tattoos & noserings (as long as they're not vulgur) - we are HUMANS! Stop making us all be drones!!!!!!

An upbeat, challenging learning experience

Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Glen Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Starbucks-Barista in Glen Ridge, NJ

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive company. Looks out for its employees. They have what's called a Cup Fund that you can apply for if you are suffering a financial hardship. I applied when I was struggling to pay the rent and they helped me out. I worked with some really interesting people and got to know a lot of people in my community. We were a friendly, upbeat staff that genuinely cared about each other and our customers.

Cons

You have to clean the bathrooms and it can be a fairly disgusting job

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks