There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Lots of work, but great people!

Current Employee - Barista in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Barista in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome employees and management, very partner oriented.
Excellent environment for working
Fun drinks and customers
Great Benefits

Cons

Bad customers
Mediocre coffee
Lots of work for meager pay

None

reviews filtered by

Fluid organization that is constantly changing

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company puts a genuine emphasis on developing their partners (employees). Real efforts are made to have a positive impact on the world.

Cons

Company is ever changing and reinventing itself. This can cause instability and reduces incentives to get things right for the future. Rather the incentive is to get things right for now since the future will be quite different.

Set and share your vision for the next several years. Give the partners something they can they can sink their teeth into and help push forward.

2. Easy interview, show initiative

Current Employee - Barista in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Barista in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

I applied for the job online and followed up on the application after 3 weeks. I called to see if they were hiring and they asked for my name and if I can meet with them in 2 days at the store. I met with the manager and asked me typical questions like "What was your last job" "Do you have experience in food/retail service" "Do you think you can work in a fast-paced environment" He stressed that the store gets very busy but I let him know I'm experienced in that type of environment. That seemed to convince him so he told me the benefits (free coffee each week, yay), the uniform, salary, etc and told me to bring my drivers license and social security the following week. It was an easy interview but I think my initiative to call the store and show that I'm interested in the job really helped me out.

Cons

There's a lot to learn in the beginning, it can get overwhelming the first couple weeks. I was told the last guy hired lasted only a day because it was too much for him and my particular store gets really intense. It takes a while to get the hang of it (I'm 2 days into training) but the more you work (and practice), the better you get.

(My sister's advice as a former Starbucks employee) Respect your employees and they will respect you. It benefits both sides.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks