There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

My store made it worth it

Former Employee - Barista  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Barista in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close bonds with coworkers and manager
Cozy atmosphere, was my 3rd place even as an employee
Able to pick up shifts from other stores, flexible shifts which was great with school
My store wasn't as rigid as other stores, probably because of it's location
Free drinks and mark out each week
Learned a lot about coffee
Many of our regualr customers were great, good tippers as well
Benefits for part time workers

Cons

Some customers were extremely innappropriate and rude, but there wasn't a lot that we felt we could do based on Starbucks policy that the customer is always right--sometimes they really aren't, and they take advantage
Our store had a lot of unstable homeless folks coming in constantly, as well as drug activity in the area. We were also held up twice, and corporate didn't really show much concern besides having us close up an hour earlier at night. I believe this is what eventually led to the store being closed.

You have a lot of talented people at the bottom--people who are being educated with bachelors and masters while working at your stores. You should better utlize your human capitol there, hire from within to corporate, since we already understand the culture and inner workings of the store.

4566 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Fast work, lots of fun, good benefits

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pays well for a starting job, enjoyable coworkers, flexible work hours, possibility for promotion, good discounts and benefits, all the coffee you can drink, free coffee every week

Cons

flexible work hours can result in awkward work hours - at work at 4 one morning and a few days later not getting off until 1 in the morning

Good company to work for as a student

Former Employee - Barista  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Barista in Dallas, TX

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Works with schedule for school, good benefits for part-time work, fun place to work if you get the right store.

Cons

More difficult than other jobs to work the ladder unless you are a diversity candidate. Upper management can seem disconnected from barista's and shift supervisors, leaving a sense of superiority that is sometimes unwelcoming and uncomfortable. The pay is never great, not one person do I know who is a barista or shift supervisor was able to support themselves alone.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!