Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Seriously, one of the best employers ever.

Current Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Part time benefits, part time time off (after a year), excellent environment, free pound of coffee or tea or other retail items like kcups and via. Tuition reimbursement programs, CUP fund (an account you can chose to have a deduction to that goes solely to helping other partners in need), the list just goes on and on and on. Not even to mention unlimited free drinks on the day you work and crazy discounts on any other day!!! Plus your Starbucks discount is international!

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the company itself.. mainly because there's a blog that partners can directly submit ideas and concerns to the head decision makers, and from what I have been told, they actually listen. Weird.

Right now, the only advice I could really think of is.. get rid of mighty mats and just make the barista floor directly out of a rubberized material.. They have some really nice restaurant nonslip floors out there. (: And they look very nice too! It would be an extra task that is pretty complicated removed from our lists!

5361 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Overall Great Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always enough work when you are hourly plus the ability to transfer to another store in another city made Starbucks the ideal company for me to work for while I was going to college. As a barista the job was a blast. I still have my Green Apron Book and all of my pins.

Cons

The higher you rise, to more pressure there is (the same as anywhere). You have to know the answers and there were times when it felt like there was not enough time to figure everything out. The store managers and district managers are so busy that it often feels there is not enough time for mentoring.

Apply at your own risk

Former Employee - Barista in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Barista in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Benefits:
    Stock options and 401k, Health Care, Tuition Reimbursement.
    Great atmosphere

Cons

Depending on your location:
    Awful customers
    Terrible Management

A manager should be the best Barista on the team before they try to manage the others. It's extremely difficult to gain respect when someone can do a job better than you and they are of a lower status.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks