Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,193 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Seriously, one of the best employers ever.

Barista (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsPart time benefits, part time time off (after a year), excellent environment, free pound of coffee or tea or other retail items like kcups and via. Tuition reimbursement programs, CUP fund (an account you can chose to have a deduction to that goes solely to helping other partners in need), the list just goes on and on and on. Not even to mention unlimited free drinks on the day you work and crazy discounts on any other day!!! Plus your Starbucks discount is international!

ConsI really don't have any cons about the company itself.. mainly because there's a blog that partners can directly submit ideas and concerns to the head decision makers, and from what I have been told, they actually listen. Weird.

Advice to Senior ManagementRight now, the only advice I could really think of is.. get rid of mighty mats and just make the barista floor directly out of a rubberized material.. They have some really nice restaurant nonslip floors out there. (: And they look very nice too! It would be an extra task that is pretty complicated removed from our lists!

In general, pretty good

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Generally, pretty flexible Good room for growth within the company Amazing benefits Free… Cons: Somewhat low pay High expectations (i.e. schedule availability) Sometimes, management can be… Advice to Senior Management: Please understand that when we apply and are accepted for a part-time position, that we are expecting just that: part-time. Yes, it is nice to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall Great Experience

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Always enough work when you are hourly plus the ability to transfer to another store in another city made Starbucks the ideal company for me… Cons: The higher you rise, to more pressure there is (the same as anywhere). You have to know the answers and there were times when it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.