Awesome company to work for and even greater opportunities

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits and also a very rewarding career to take part of. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who was interested

Cons

Repetitive motion can be easy to overlook on a shift. I suggest rotating positions throughout shifts. Otherwise I consider this one of my top companies to work for.

Instill trust in your staff and have consistency in your role whatever it may be. Also remember to recognize positive efforts and work as a team

Other Reviews for Starbucks

Seriously, one of the best employers ever.

Current Employee - Barista  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Part time benefits, part time time off (after a year), excellent environment, free pound of coffee or tea or other retail items like kcups and via. Tuition reimbursement programs, CUP fund (an account you can chose to have a deduction to that goes solely to helping other partners in need), the list just goes on and on and on. Not even to mention unlimited free drinks on the day you work and crazy discounts on any other day!!! Plus your Starbucks discount is international!

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the company itself.. mainly because there's a blog that partners can directly submit ideas and concerns to the head decision makers, and from what I have been told, they actually listen. Weird.

Right now, the only advice I could really think of is.. get rid of mighty mats and just make the barista floor directly out of a rubberized material.. They have some really nice restaurant nonslip floors out there. (: And they look very nice too! It would be an extra task that is pretty complicated removed from our lists!

In general, pretty good

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally, pretty flexible
    Good room for growth within the company
    Amazing benefits
    Free lb of coffee or tea a week

Cons

Somewhat low pay
    High expectations (i.e. schedule availability)
    Sometimes, management can be unprepared or under developed for the position
    Somewhat high turnover rate

Please understand that when we apply and are accepted for a part-time position, that we are expecting just that: part-time. Yes, it is nice to have the extra hours, but please don't expect us to have 100% availability. Also, many of us love to move up, help develop us please.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!