There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Awesome company to work for and even greater opportunities

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and also a very rewarding career to take part of. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who was interested

Cons

Repetitive motion can be easy to overlook on a shift. I suggest rotating positions throughout shifts. Otherwise I consider this one of my top companies to work for.

Advice to Management

Instill trust in your staff and have consistency in your role whatever it may be. Also remember to recognize positive efforts and work as a team

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. Seriously, one of the best employers ever.

Current Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time benefits, part time time off (after a year), excellent environment, free pound of coffee or tea or other retail items like kcups and via. Tuition reimbursement programs, CUP fund (an account you can chose to have a deduction to that goes solely to helping other partners in need), the list just goes on and on and on. Not even to mention unlimited free drinks on the day you work and crazy discounts on any other day!!! Plus your Starbucks discount is international!

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the company itself.. mainly because there's a blog that partners can directly submit ideas and concerns to the head decision makers, and from what I have been told, they actually listen. Weird.

Advice to Management

Right now, the only advice I could really think of is.. get rid of mighty mats and just make the barista floor directly out of a rubberized material.. They have some really nice restaurant nonslip floors out there. (: And they look very nice too! It would be an extra task that is pretty complicated removed from our lists!

2. A wonderful first job

Former Employee - Partner in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Partner in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are treated with respect and held to high standards. Above minimum, hourly wage plus tips. Looks great on a resume as a first job.

Cons

If you have to close, you become a glorified janitor.