Starbucks
3.7 of 5 3,732 reviews
starbucks.com/careers Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Starbucks has treated me well, despite management changes

Barista (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than a year

ProsStarbucks offered me a quality training program, flexible scheduling, and competitive benefits for a mere 20 hours/week. My coworkers and managers were genuinely nice people. My store was located in a financial district, and it helped me network for a different job after I finished school. Even if I didn't immediately take a different position, I would feel comfortable at working for the company in a separate capacity after graduation.

ConsBeing a barista is a customer-facing job, and there can be a lot of obnoxious people. Sometimes I would be scheduled for hours in sporadic increments (35 hours one week, 10 the next). It took a while to feel comfortable making consistent beverages.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more resources to partners interested in joining "Corporate Starbucks."

Ehhh...

Barista (Current Employee)
White Plains, NY

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Benefits, free coffee or free tea markouts every week, plenty… Cons: People can be rude or annoying but that's everywhere you go. They are also kind of cheap… Advice to Senior Management: No advice needed, they are good at what they do. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

GReat company, family friendly. Care about gays.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good on diversity and fairness. Cons: Dont pay enough for a living wage. Advice to Senior Management: Get back behind the line and play barista once in a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.