There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

A great first job

Former Employee - Barista in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Barista in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, it was easy to switch times with other employee's or to simply change your own availability. As a high school student and athlete I was able to get a schedule that worked with my busy lifestyle.

Cons

Fairly strict procedures on how each drink must be made, to how the store must be kept and the displays handled. Closing and opening shifts are a lot of extra work without any extra pay. The only other downside is that someone has to work on holidays.

4806 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Yes, it really is an awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-People are FUNKY! And so fun, at least at my location.
    -You're a part of something caring and great and people love it, I mean yeah I don't value the syrups and stuff, but I choose not to drink it.
    -benefits of course.
    -you can transfer ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, if they have a spot for you, I might transfer to France eventually!
    -super flexible scheduling!

Cons

-Once you move up, it's all about keeping yourself moving up, not a fan personally, but for some that's what they want.
    -The clientelle can get bitchy, but they just want they signature drink.
    -I wish the company would carry through utmost quality that they have with a lot of things with EVERY thing, but considering how big the company is...it's understandable.

Hmm, not much really, just keep improving product for the better of the client, organic, local, a bit of a day dream, but a possibility in the future.

Best job a college student can have!

Current Employee - Barista in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many perks working for Starbucks such as competitive base pay, employee stock options, medical insurance, paid vacations after a year of being hired, and great employee discounts within Starbucks and other companies chosen by Starbucks.

Cons

Only downside of working at Starbucks is some stores open at around 4am or 5am and to work so early can sometimes feel a bit of unbalance with work and school. It's not all that bad because managers are able to work with your schedule but sometimes you do get those early morning shifts.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks