starbucks

Pros

happy work environment, highly social atmosphere,

Cons

slow and limited advancement opportunities

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. A great first job

Former Employee - Barista in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Barista in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, it was easy to switch times with other employee's or to simply change your own availability. As a high school student and athlete I was able to get a schedule that worked with my busy lifestyle.

Cons

Fairly strict procedures on how each drink must be made, to how the store must be kept and the displays handled. Closing and opening shifts are a lot of extra work without any extra pay. The only other downside is that someone has to work on holidays.

2. Yes, it really is an awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-People are FUNKY! And so fun, at least at my location. -You're a part of something caring and great and people love it, I mean yeah I don't value the syrups and stuff, but I choose not to drink it. -benefits of course. -you can transfer ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, if they have a spot for you, I might transfer to France eventually! -super flexible scheduling!

Cons

-Once you move up, it's all about keeping yourself moving up, not a fan personally, but for some that's what they want. -The clientelle can get bitchy, but they just want they signature drink. -I wish the company would carry through utmost quality that they have with a lot of things with EVERY thing, but considering how big the company is...it's understandable.

Advice to Management

Hmm, not much really, just keep improving product for the better of the client, organic, local, a bit of a day dream, but a possibility in the future.