Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,198 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great Company

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsGreat people make the job a lot of fun. Compensation is great if you take advantage of SIP other stock options, 401K benefits and everything else. Starbucks does a great job of reinvesting into the partners. Company was not going in the right direction but when Howard took the reigns again it took a turn for the best and seems to be continuing in that direction.

ConsA lot is asked of those who run stores especially supervisors usually with time restraints. Additionally it is difficult to make a living off of the pay. Difficult for a career choice.

Great lessons learn about people skills and business skills

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Freedom of schedule (store managers) 30% discount A sense of business ownership Great values and culture Values… Cons: Unrealistic coffee bean goals Too much emphasize on relationship with coworkers at times rather than task Management spends 80% on the floor, little time (8 hours/week)… Advice to Senior Management: Improvement in inventory systems, clearer policies regarding time and attendance, tighten up dress code… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits and work life balance are great Cons: Not sure of potential to move up in the company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.