Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista

Former Employee - Barista in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Barista in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Starbucks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Make your own drinks and friendly staff

Cons

Can get busy at times lots of shouting

5002 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Funnest job I've had

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

good ambiance, good perks(unlimited drinks), good music, time goes by fast, awesome regular customers, great coworkers

Cons

low pay, low tips, hard to move up, working for a big corporation

give partners more raises

Shockingly disorganised and nepotistic

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in London, England (UK)

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many pleasant colleagues. Some (or maybe many) pleasant customers. Met some celebrities including Alice Cooper who is one of the nicest people I have ever met, despite the scary image. Was always paid on time. I think opening and closing shifts were mostly fairly distributed.

Cons

1. I started with a four or five spanish women. We all had the same standard of work, but miraculously when it came time to promote to supervisor, all the spanish women were selected. The assistant manager was spanish. I am sure that was just a coincidence.

2. We were compelled to empty the womens sanitary towel containers. I was sure that was niether legal nor hygienic and that they are usually removed by rentokil etc and incinerated.

3 I remember another occasion where a sewage pipe exploded and flooded the ground floor in human excrement. I was asked to clean it up. It is difficult to refuse when you need your job, and I was younger then and not as able to stand up for myself. It subsequently flooded again and I don't remember if I had to mop it again but I think I did. The carpet was subsequently replaced. They care about the customer not smelling it, but not about the staff that has to clean it. How charming.

Stop telling people they are partners. This is a meaningless insult. If you work for John Lewis it means something, if you work for STarbucks it doesnt. Also, stop having tasting sessions for staff where you pretend that coffee tasting is like wine tasting. It is pretentious and mendacious, and nobody is taken in by it. Stop calling counter staff Barista. In England it sounds like the name for an advocate, and the situation of counter staff at starbucks and advocates could not be more different. It is like calling dustmen, sanitary engineers. It is nonsense.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks