Starbucks
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great job except for District Managers

Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsGreat opportunity to manage a team and lead a store to success in your own way. As long as you follow the policies and procedures you are free to make the store your own environment and if you love customer service and coffee you can excel here and make a home. Great benefits, stock, and it really is not a difficult job if you enjoy customers and multi-tasking.

ConsA lot of over time. You spend most of your time on the floor and can feel like a glorified barista. You will spend most of 40 hours on the floor and because labor is your greatest expense you always feel understaffed. Admin is done off the clock, if someone calls in sick you can expect to lose your day off. Upper management (district managers) change almost every year so you have to deal with having a new boss constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive back the labor that has been taken away since 2008 so managers can manage and not be baristas all the time. Non coverage needs to be 4% of hour earned so there is less overtime worked each week by the manager.

starbucks barista

Barista (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than a year

Pros: Starbucks has great hours availabile to work which is very convenient for college students, for Starbucks also does its best… Cons: one of the only cons with working for Starbucks would be that it is somewhat hard on the body; you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A very educational experience.

Barista (Former Employee)
    Auburn, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great work environment. Interesting coworkers. Work can become very routine and easy. All the coffee you can imagine, free drinks when you work! Working at… Cons: Stressful. The Starbucks Corporate standards are unlike any other company. Standing on your feet for that… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up what is being done. Employee incentives are always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.