Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Great job except for District Managers

Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat opportunity to manage a team and lead a store to success in your own way. As long as you follow the policies and procedures you are free to make the store your own environment and if you love customer service and coffee you can excel here and make a home. Great benefits, stock, and it really is not a difficult job if you enjoy customers and multi-tasking.

ConsA lot of over time. You spend most of your time on the floor and can feel like a glorified barista. You will spend most of 40 hours on the floor and because labor is your greatest expense you always feel understaffed. Admin is done off the clock, if someone calls in sick you can expect to lose your day off. Upper management (district managers) change almost every year so you have to deal with having a new boss constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive back the labor that has been taken away since 2008 so managers can manage and not be baristas all the time. Non coverage needs to be 4% of hour earned so there is less overtime worked each week by the manager.

Friendly place where they walk the talk

IT Contractor (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendliness of the stores is mirrored in the back office. The building is open, very walkable, lots of color and great places to sit and… Cons: Can be a little slow to adopt new technology, but aspects of systems and data governance are quite advanced. Also, their building… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Baurista

Baurista (Current Employee) Boerne, TX

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The ability to drink coffee products any time of the day. They schedule multiple… Cons: You smell like coffee at the end of your shift. The shift… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!