Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

What a great company to work for!

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBeing a shift supervisor at Starbucks is a lot of fun. It is challenging, fast paced, exciting, and there is always a new problem to be solved. Starbucks does a wonderful job developing their staff and helping them succeed in their desired carreer paths. The customers and employees are fantastic! I can truly say that this was by far my favorite job.

ConsAs a shift supervisor it is mandatory that you work at least 32 hours a week. This is difficult to do if you are trying to go to college and are in your junior or senior year. Shift supervisors do not get paid enough for the things that they have to do. They are basically assistant store managers without the title.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarbucks should hire multiple shift supervisors that would want to only work 20 hours a week. This would also save them money when it comes to benefits because if shifts can work less than 20 hours, than Starbucks won't have to pay them benefits.

Overall good experience

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits, free drinks, free pound per week, 30% off, growth… Cons: Hours and schedule vary, work environment dependent on manager, labor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

One of the best part-time jobs

Barista (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This company offers flexible hours, good benefits, and a fun, fast paced environment. The… Cons: You sometimes have to work in the early morning or late evening which can be… Advice to Senior Management: Understand that pressure for sales directly impacts baristas based on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!