Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

What a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being a shift supervisor at Starbucks is a lot of fun. It is challenging, fast paced, exciting, and there is always a new problem to be solved. Starbucks does a wonderful job developing their staff and helping them succeed in their desired carreer paths. The customers and employees are fantastic! I can truly say that this was by far my favorite job.

Cons

As a shift supervisor it is mandatory that you work at least 32 hours a week. This is difficult to do if you are trying to go to college and are in your junior or senior year. Shift supervisors do not get paid enough for the things that they have to do. They are basically assistant store managers without the title.

Starbucks should hire multiple shift supervisors that would want to only work 20 hours a week. This would also save them money when it comes to benefits because if shifts can work less than 20 hours, than Starbucks won't have to pay them benefits.

5596 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

A wonderful experience full of learning and new friendships.

Current Employee - Barista in El Cajon, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in El Cajon, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The fantastic training they put you through makes working with the company a breeze for coffee novices. There are classes you go through, and computer modules to complete before you ever step foot behind the espresso bar. They are also very strict on making sure there is no harassment and everyone is working in a friendly environment.

Cons

It can get really, REALLY busy, and stressful. Especially in the mornings. You have to be able to multitask, have an almost sickening cheerful attitude, and keep a smile on your face, when all you want to do is curl into a ball and cry.

None.. I loved my managers!

Barista

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Miami, FL

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good environment, fun place to work, flexible hours

Cons

Pay is not that great, early morning hours can be stressful, some sales experience needed

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks