Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Barista in Emporia, KS
Current Employee - Barista in Emporia, KS

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. You qualify insurance even if you are just a part time worker. You get a weekly markout of 1 lb of coffee per week. Free drinks while you are on the clock and 30% off when you aren't. They take good care of their employees

Cons

Hours.. sometimes you have to be there really early in the morning or even late at night.

5615 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

A great job for some.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Central, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Central, NC

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very globally conscious and takes the lead on many social issues. The flexibility of the position allows me to pursue further education. Tuition assistance, stock grants, reasonable healthcare, and lots of coffee.

Cons

The pay is not stellar. There are not enough administrative hours to do all of the administrative tasks required of you, so most managers work 45-50 hr weeks minimum (during one of those weeks I had to do training on pay: time worked = time paid... Not for managers). Depending on the market and your hiring, there can be really high turnover which is a stress added to the manger to cover, hire, and train.

Rethink the pay package from the barista level up. I lose partners to places like whole foods to bag groceries for an extra dollar an hour. Be generous this fall. We all know how record setting the year was for the company. Give a good sized grant and put the 401k match back up to 6%.

Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits like health insurance for 20+ hours, bean stock, tuition reimbursement and not to mention a free pound of beans every week.

Cons

District Management is pretty far removed from the little people. In the last few years, Starbucks has gone pretty crazy with sales goals. They didn't used to be that competitive because they didn't feel they had to. I guess they do now. It's seemingly hard to develop past shift supervisor. They hire in a lot of store managers from other companies.

Take a look at the potential talent you have right in front of your face before you hire someone from the outside for management. You want passion? Give us a chance to succeed and you will see passion.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks