There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great team, sometimes stressful work environment

Former Employee - Barista in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Barista in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was brought to work among a great team of baristas; the hiring process was certainly rigorous, with a phone interview and two in-person interviews with a supervisor and store manager -- but the outcome of this interview process shows in the team. Pretty good discounts. We were consistently given great training and support, and this learning continued to be encouraged, especially for those wishing to progress up the ladder.

Cons

Really intense, fast-paced work environment sometimes. The clientele can be stressful at times, and you have to learn to build a thick skin and keep a smile on your face -- while this is a great lesson in how to keep calm and problem solve, sometimes it just feels like abuse. That said, you do get some great regulars and have the opportunity to forge some real connections with people. Sometimes store goals were just overwhelming and prevented us from really focusing on people and creating an experience, especially around holidays.

4806 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Great company, great benefits, loved working for them!

Former Employee - Barista in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Barista in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Starbucks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company. Career growth opportunities. Good benefits. Fast paced. Good training system.

Cons

Early mornings if you are scheduled for the morning shift. The fast pace can be a bit stressful at times.

One of the BEST companies to work for!

Current Employee - Barista Trainer in Yuma, AZ
    Current Employee - Barista Trainer in Yuma, AZ

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401K, Stock options, CUP Fund, Holiday Pay, Free Drinks while working, Insurance options, raise every 6 month (depending on performance)

Cons

No cons (that I have experienced)

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks