Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,182 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great team, sometimes stressful work environment

Barista (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsI was brought to work among a great team of baristas; the hiring process was certainly rigorous, with a phone interview and two in-person interviews with a supervisor and store manager -- but the outcome of this interview process shows in the team. Pretty good discounts. We were consistently given great training and support, and this learning continued to be encouraged, especially for those wishing to progress up the ladder.

ConsReally intense, fast-paced work environment sometimes. The clientele can be stressful at times, and you have to learn to build a thick skin and keep a smile on your face -- while this is a great lesson in how to keep calm and problem solve, sometimes it just feels like abuse. That said, you do get some great regulars and have the opportunity to forge some real connections with people. Sometimes store goals were just overwhelming and prevented us from really focusing on people and creating an experience, especially around holidays.

I have worked at starbucks as a barista for four years in multiple locations.

Barista (Current Employee)

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - 30% discount - free drink 30 mins. before and 30 mins. after (and unlimited drinks during) your shift. - health benefits - some managers deviate from… Cons: - know that it takes a good three months (sometimes longer) to memorize the recipes and get down the routines -depending on the location, your hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company, great benefits, loved working for them!

Barista (Former Employee)
    Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company. Career growth opportunities. Good benefits. Fast… Cons: Early mornings if you are scheduled for the morning shift.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.