Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Good store = Good experience

Current Employee - Barsta  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Barsta in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Decent pay, decent tips, work around your schedule

Cons

Success of the store decides how well your experience is. A careless staff = a bad experience for everyone

Other reviews for Starbucks

I loved my Job

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Being able to connect with customers. High standards and clear expectations. Family atmosphere. So busy that time would go quickly. 30% off retail merchandise as well as food and beverages (when you are off or on a break). Free coffee your entire shift.

Cons

When someone calls in, workload is a lot heavier. When customers are irate and call you out of name. Training during peak times (it should never happen) District Managers who like to micromanage.

Be clear. Hold everyone to the same standards. Delegate. Empower partners to make decisions; give them more responsibility.

Great Company ... most days.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Columbus, OH

Pros

Starbucks has a lot of good company values, in my opinion. The culture values humanity to a great degree from customer to partner to farmer. If you really enjoy people this is a fantastic job. There is also, somewhat depending on your supervisor, a lot of growth and development available for partners at all levels. Benefits are very good, even for part-time workers. (20 hrs min) And free coffee while you work as well as a pound a week. I was with the company for three years and truly loved my time there.
    When you go home you go home.

Cons

Mobility is extremely limited in my experience. The usually hire shift supervisors within but beyond that I rarely saw a promotion to store manager or district manager. This can, at times, create quite a rift between management hired in and their leadership team who may have been working there for ten years waiting for a promotion. The thing is, the benefits are good enough to keep people there much longer than anticipated. The pay, however, is not too great. I think shifts take the hardest hit as far as expectation to benefit ratio. I still think it's a great job, but you definitely work for the man.

Consider paying your employees more, especially the shift supervisors. You ask a lot of them. On the flip side though, thanks for CAFE practices, coffee master program, emphasis on customer connection and the human spirit, and in general all the great times!

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!