Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

wonderful and exiting environment to work in

Current Employee - Account Manager in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay and good working relationship

Cons

well i cant say it is a con but no job securities for the future

5118 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

I would work here for free if I could!

Former Employee - Barista in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Barista in Orlando, FL

I worked at Starbucks part-time

Pros

Starbucks treats their employees, no matter what "level" they're on, like gold. They have an extensive interview process even just for a barista. When hired, the first month almost was consistent, in-depth training. Not only are you learning basic drink recipes, but also about the history of Starbucks and coffee as a whole. Co-workers were amazing and regularly recognize when "going the extra mile" to help each other out. Starbucks makes employees sit down and rest for 10 minutes every two hours of your shift, on the clock. Benefits are great and are available after working 1000 hours total, but only require a minimum of 20 hours per week to maintain them.

Cons

Morning shifts can start really early -- 3am in some stores. Sometimes the amount of cleaning was a lot, but also necessary to keep the company's extremely high standards in place.

Barista

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! It is a perfect job for students or young people who are looking for customer service or general work experience. I took a job here when I moved back home after graduating college and even though I thought I was underemployed, I do not regret the decision for a second. Starbucks offers flexible hours with mostly friendly and young people. The company offers incredible benefits for only part-time work and even offers some tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It can be tough to get hours if you aren't a supervisor or are willing to work at multiple locations when they need someone. Like much of the food service industry, the job requires a lot of hard work (and often fake smiles) for very little compensation. Customers who are caffeine or sleep deprived can be a pain at times and you just have to learn to deal with it.

Pay supervisors more. They do middle management level work with little wage increase.
    Keep up the good work!