Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,184 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Barista

Barista - Starbucks (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsThis is a great company to work for! It is a perfect job for students or young people who are looking for customer service or general work experience. I took a job here when I moved back home after graduating college and even though I thought I was underemployed, I do not regret the decision for a second. Starbucks offers flexible hours with mostly friendly and young people. The company offers incredible benefits for only part-time work and even offers some tuition reimbursement.

ConsIt can be tough to get hours if you aren't a supervisor or are willing to work at multiple locations when they need someone. Like much of the food service industry, the job requires a lot of hard work (and often fake smiles) for very little compensation. Customers who are caffeine or sleep deprived can be a pain at times and you just have to learn to deal with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay supervisors more. They do middle management level work with little wage increase.
Keep up the good work!

The benefits of Starbucks outweigh the often terrible customers

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Starbucks part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Insurance, flexibility, ability to transfer or move up, Great flexibility, paid vacation, stock options, three… Cons: Sometimes you have to work with people that you may not totally get along with, but that is not that big of a deal. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The guests were the higthlight of the job!

Barista - Starbucks (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros: All the coffee we wantedto drink. discounts and easy uniforms. Cons: young managers without discernment, played favorites often and didn't do… Advice to Senior Management: use the cameraq you have everywhere and see how wrongly the policies are abused. The comoany used to be a place to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.