There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! It is a perfect job for students or young people who are looking for customer service or general work experience. I took a job here when I moved back home after graduating college and even though I thought I was underemployed, I do not regret the decision for a second. Starbucks offers flexible hours with mostly friendly and young people. The company offers incredible benefits for only part-time work and even offers some tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It can be tough to get hours if you aren't a supervisor or are willing to work at multiple locations when they need someone. Like much of the food service industry, the job requires a lot of hard work (and often fake smiles) for very little compensation. Customers who are caffeine or sleep deprived can be a pain at times and you just have to learn to deal with it.

Pay supervisors more. They do middle management level work with little wage increase.
Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by
  1. great

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

coffee people place setting culture smell time days nights love customers help pastries doughnuts eating lunch truck rush espresso freedom

Cons

tattoo dress reviews grinder smell trucks drive thru cold bad customers boss computers network some people restrooms timeframe early mornings late nights

enjoy

2. It was good

Former Employee - Barista in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Barista in Fremont, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You don't have to be full-time to get benefits. The benefits are very affordable. You get a performance appraisal every 6 months. The company itself is good, but store management needs critical work.

Cons

Stressful, hectic, and high turnover of people during the 2 years that I have worked there.

Question yourself why there is a high turnover in a particular store because it just doesn't happen for no reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks