There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great environment, poor choices.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a very fast paced environment with outlets for creativity. They provide excellent benefits and a flexible schedule. Most if the employees are fun and easy going but they know how together work done. This is a job for a multitasker.

Cons

Often times upper management adds to the workload without increasing hours to match the labor needs, leading to overworked employees. Also, it is near impossible to reach a management position, regardless of your feats. It seems they only hire externally OR promote people who know how to smooth talk, without the ability to back it up.

You've got tremendous potential to be an even more profitable company with the happiest employees around. HOWEVER, learn to recongnize your internal talent and build on that. Hiring externally leads to stores who meet numbers but fail health and safety standards and sacrifice product quality due to a severe lack of knowledge.

4821 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Starbucks is a wonderful employer that takes care of its employees.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full time benefits for part time employees. Positive work environment. They give back to their surrounding communities.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunity. The pay is minimum wage unless you are a management partner.

I loved working at Starbucks! There were a variety of people who worked there and we all got a long great!

Former Employee - Barista in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Barista in Andover, MA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. The tips were amazing, my house was overstocked with free coffee bean/tea received per week, and although I never really got to use the health benefits, it was great to know that it was there for me to use!

Cons

Sometimes I felt as if the manager or assistant manager were not capable of their job. They would be great at dealing with customers but would occasionally forget to order an item or come in late.

none!